Image Map

Friday, February 21, 2014

Trying to Fix the Situation

How many times have you witnessed a family member or a friend go down a path that you knew was wrong for them? One too many right? Sitting back when the ones you love make bad decisions is hard.  I'm over here like screaming out no! Don't go there! Go this way! That's not a good idea!

That easily turns into - well that's not what I think you should be doing, and my way is better than what your choosing for your life. Because I know what's best for you right? Haha! I mean my intentions are good. I want you to know the joy of living for Jesus and all the goodness that comes from that. When your holy, your happy.   I'm sitting here thinking just let Jesus have control!

There's a point where I need to take a step back and realize I'm not in charge of your life and I can't do anything to change your situation. I can encourage you and try to get you to see that what God has for you is far better than what you could try and do on your own, but you have to want it.

I was recently faced with something that I wanted to try and fix. I started to notice it made me angry, the way your living your life doesn't affect me whatsoever, but it started affecting the way others view Christianity and that made me so upset. How come though? This sort of stuff happens all the time. When people begin tainting the name of Jesus it becomes personal. We already have enough people calling Christians hypocrites don't go and give them more reasons! Please! I value Him and then it becomes hard to extend GRACE. "It's the very thing we are hesitant to extend when we are confronted with the guilt of others- especially when their guilt has robbed us of something we consider valuable." - Andy Stanley-
Wait wait wait but that's the whole point of Christianity. Grace. It's something that I definitely have been having a hard time extending. It's something I've been convicted of. God had me open up to the book of Hosea and it was clear that my heart wasn't in the right place. I can't control anybody and can't even control my own life no matter how hard I try. I can't fix anyone. God is in control, he's the one who fixes and heals.
God will transform the valley of trouble into a gateway for hope. Hosea 2:5

A gateway for hope! Do you see that people?? Hope! He turns our bad into good. He is is bigger and his plan for our life always leads to goodness. Jesus is bigger. His glory is bigger. He has triumphed over our stupid mistakes so who am I to say anything about your life? Hosea 4:1-4
His grace covers it all.


When Jesus said it was finished he meant it. So I really need to stop, because I'm no better. I can try to show favor to those who I agree on life decisions with, but God doesn't. He's loves us even when we go against him. He really showed me that I'm a sinner just like everyone else. And that's a duh, but really a good reminder. When I'm not being humble, I'm glad The Lord is always there to remind me of my place and to show me that I need to be careful so that I don't try and take the place of him. "When I lose humility I am unable to show compassion." A wise friend told me that. :)
That statement can't be more true.

This song really hit me with this line "you've made this sinner holy, ....cause your glory is so beautiful" Song is by All Sons and Daughters - Your Glory

And really His glory is so beautiful and bigger than any of this, anything your facing and anything I think. Try to keep this in view. It's easy to lose sight.

His glory is bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment