Image Map

Monday, February 3, 2014

Transitioning

So it's a new season and I am trying to accept it and move on, but every time I think about how much time and effort went into the last season of my life, I feel like I just can't get over this bump..actually it is more like a wall. I begin to get angry, I begin to get sad, and I begin to question. Im trying to hold on to something that God wants me to let go of, but how do I go about doing it?

A question...

Why would God take away something so good? Doesn't he want what's best for his children, and he makes all things work together for the good of US....

But it is funny how when I think  that yes the Lord is for us and makes things work together for our good, I suddenly think that means it's  "what I want, what I think I need, and what I think is best for me" When actually that is not the case. How do I know what's best for me... my creator knows what's best for me, he made all the tiny delicate parts of my body and made me so detailed. He knows me better than I know myself.

I believe the Lord throws us hard trials to deal with because it makes us grow.. remember my blog I wrote growth well yeah I believe that and I hate the fact that theres no other way around this and this is Gods way of making me grow, let me tell ya. It is not fun and it sucks. (I'm being real) I believe God wants to strengthen me in areas that I may be weak in and bless me. Even though I can't see his purpose now, I need to give it over to God and trust that he has my best interest at heart, because he does. He promises that. You know that quote "God only gives you what you can handle" well I think that is so true, buttttttt I feel like this part should be added "God only gives you what you can handle, because he promises to be there for you every step of the way!" How else would we get through it??? On our own? Ha good luck. Hasn't that failed before?

 "God doesn't give us what we can handle; God helps us handle what we are given."
He is there for me and he is with me helping me through it all. Immanuel-God with us. He promises.

I wrote this down and it's just some of my thoughts and me directing it to God so I though I would share.

-You said you would finish the work in me, a promise to bring me closer to you and your heart. Though I cannot see it, and it hurts and it doesn't seem to make sense now, please give me a willing spirit, no matter how hard it is. Give me a driving passion for you and to chase after all that you are. I choose joy, and I am filled with hope because you are with me. I have been filled with the joy of your presence. I can't do it on my own. I know that I am not alone, because you promised you would be by my side every step of the way. You are Immanuel.-

Jesus chooses to have a personal relationship with me and wants me to bring him my problems. He is transforming me and finishing the work. That process I cannot do on my own. This new season is going to be good, even though the transition is hard. I know this because I know my God is with me and promises me goodness.

Some verses that encouraged me

Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit to sustain me
~Psalm 51:12

For our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever
~2 Corinthians 4:17

So to wrap it all up, I know he is working on transforming me to be more like his son and yeah like I said it hurts and it sucks, but ya know what I have to remember  :) "Consider it pure joy"

Consider it pure joy my brothers and sister whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces PERSEVERANCE
~James 1:2-3








No comments:

Post a Comment